The BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt brings together people from across communities, cultures and countries. The element that links its various activities is responsible leadership. Since the mid-1990s several forums have served to reach out to leaders aged 30 to 45. The alumni of these programs formed the BMW Foundation Responsible Leaders Network. Within this network they support each other and work together on sustainable social or ecological projects, often across professional or sectoral boundaries. The biannual World Responsible Leaders Forum has sprouted as the largest event hosted by the BMW Foundation Hebert Quandt.
What is the World Responsible Leaders Forum?
The World Responsible Leaders Forum brings together leaders from all over the world. It is directed at the some 2,000 individuals who have participated in one of our previous Young Leaders programs or other core formats of the BMW Foundation.
What do we want to achieve with this event?
We want to regularly reactivate the resources, experiences, and skills of this extraordinary network that we have built systematically over the past twenty years and feed them into the strategic societal initiatives of the Foundation and its regional and global partners.
Where do the forums take place?
The centenary of our founding company, BMW AG, provides the occasion for inviting the members of our growing international Responsible Leaders Network for the first time to Germany. Previous World Responsible Leaders Forums took place in the United States, India, Argentina, and China.
What happens at the forum?
During the four-day forum, we want to explore the many and diverse opportunities for social change and for a better understanding among cultures and societies by:
- Responsible Leaders Awards: The awards honor members of the network who are charting new paths for social change, either in their professional or personal lives. The winners of the awards receive long-term support through the Responsible Leaders Network and the BMW Foundation.
- Innovation Tours: These tours will lead the participants to organizations, social enterprises and NGOs all over Munich.
- Comittment Pitches: Participants are encouraged to make a specific commitment and increase their personal social impact
- Impact Sessions: They provide responsible leaders with an opportunity to support a nonprofit organization or social enterprise on a specific challenge, while the organization itself is able to benefit from the participants’ multi-sectoral expertise.
- Thematic Sessions: They will address a wide variety of topics from such as for example transparency, good governance or resource security.
- Open Space: The Open Space facilitated by Impact Hub invites the Responsible Leaders to collaborate around solutions and initiatives that emerge at the forum.
- World Responsible Leaders Cup: Through the fun and excitement of playing football, we showcase the transformative power that team sports can generate.
The Responsible Leaders Network
BMW Foundation Responsible Leaders want to utilise their experience in a global network to advocate societal change. For example, as an intrapreneur by pushing for a more social and environmentally-friendly approach within their organisation, or as a mentor by sharing their experience with students or the advisory board of a non-profit organisation, or as a full-time social entrepreneur by striving to find new solutions to societal challenges.
Learn more about the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt and our activities: